Launching a Matching Program in 2022 for Fellowship Endowments
Columbia University School of the Arts is pleased to announce the launch of a Matching Program for endowed fellowship gifts as a part of our Support the Next Generation of Artists Fellowship Campaign.
The goal of the Matching Program is three-fold:
- Enable more of our generous supporters to participate in the Support the Next Generation of Artists Campaign.
- Grow the available fellowships for students who demonstrate both great merit and need, allowing the School to recruit the most sought-after candidates. This will also help our goal of providing equitable access to graduate studies in the arts.
- Build momentum toward a key goal of the Support the Next Generation of Artists Campaign: funding 50 new Fellowships for students at the School of the Arts.
- Matches will be made at a rate of 1:1 for Fellowship gifts of $125,000 and greater, up to $1,000,000.
- Documented, planned gifts with commitments of $125,000 or greater are eligible now for an endowed match of a $100,000 fund in the donor's name.
- Columbia University will match all eligible fellowship gifts made January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2025, as funding allows.
- Eligible gifts may be made for endowed Fellowships for tuition, fees, and living stipends.
- Matching funds are available for gifts to every Program at the School of the Arts (Film, Film and Media Studies, Theatre, Visual Arts + Sound Art, and Writing) as well as for School-wide scholarships.
- Gifts to both new and existing Fellowship funds may be matched. Commitments must be made over up to 5 years.
- Restrictions apply at the discretion of the Dean of the School of the Arts.
To learn more, please reach out to Roberta Albert, Associate Dean for Development at the School of the Arts at [email protected].