Launching a Matching Program in 2022 for Fellowship Endowments
Columbia University School of the Arts is pleased to announce the launch of a Matching Program for endowed fellowship gifts as a part of our Support the Next Generation of Artists Fellowship Campaign.
The goal of the Matching Program is three-fold:
- Enable more of our generous supporters to participate in the Support the Next Generation of Artists Campaign.
- Grow the available fellowships for students who demonstrate both great merit and need, allowing the School to recruit the most sought-after candidates. This will also help our goal of providing equitable access to graduate studies in the arts.
- Build momentum toward a key goal of the Support the Next Generation of Artists Campaign: funding 50 new Fellowships for students at the School of the Arts.
- Matches will be made at a rate of 1:1 for Fellowship gifts of $125,000 and greater, up to $1,000,000.
- Documented, planned gifts with commitments of $125,000 or greater are eligible now for an endowed match of a $100,000 fund in the donor's name.
- Columbia University will match all eligible fellowship gifts made January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2025, as funding allows.
- Eligible gifts may be made for endowed Fellowships for tuition, fees, and living stipends.
- Matching funds are available for gifts to every Program at the School of the Arts (Film, Film and Media Studies, Theatre, Visual Arts + Sound Art, and Writing) as well as for School-wide scholarships.
- Gifts to both new and existing Fellowship funds may be matched. Commitments must be made over up to 5 years.
- Restrictions apply at the discretion of the Dean of the School of the Arts.